Vibration plates/vibration trainers – important features
- What to look for when choosing a vibration plate/vibration trainer
- The frequencies
- Positive training effects
When using a vibration plate, vibrations are transmitted to the body, providing a total body workout.
Different muscle functions, the coordination each muscle and the interaction between the muscles can also be trained with vibration trainers.
The middle frequencies are ideal for loosening the muscles and for stretching.
The high frequencies are best suited for achieving an increase in muscular performance.
The body instinctively tries to respond to the shaking motion with stabilising movements to maintain balance.
This trains the body tension and the sense of balance and can be beneficial in many sports and everyday life (also helps to prevent injuries).
The benefits of vibration training are:
- Proprioception (depth perception)
- High time efficiency due to intense stimulus
- Can help to increase speed strength
- Versatile, can be used for all muscle groups depending on the position on the plate
- Highly demanding for the user due to the novel and different training stimuli (motivation, fun)